Our promise to you:
We will always respect your preferences and you can change them at any time, simply email us on email@example.com . We will only use your data in line with current GDPR laws.
Who are we?
Denpedia Limited owns website. As defined by Companies Act 2006 in section 1159 the terminology “OUR” means Denpedia i.e. www.denpedia.com and Denpedia mobile. Term ‘our online services’ includes both our website and mobile website services.
When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
We’re committed to guaranteeing your privacy and making sure that all the personal data you send us is kept safe. Personal data can mean your telephone number, email address, or bank details. This policy explains how we collect that data, what we use it for, where we store information and what that means for you.
Please read the following carefully: it will help you understand how we collect your personal information and what we do with it. By using our website or providing us with your personal information you agree to your personal information being used and stored in the manner set out in this policy.
How do we collect personal information?
- Through website forms
- When you sign up to receive an email, e.g. our newsletter
- When you add a listing in any denpedia directories
- We also collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and how often, and files downloaded.
- When you use our online service
- When you place order for our directory or any other service / product
- Sign up and create an account ( for writing reviews you need to create an account with us)
- Use any referral or recommended feature on our website example when you email any of our business /listing information to a friend via ‘ send- –to –a –friend’ option
- Ask or use our mobile service
- When you request details through our directory enquiry services
- Write us a testimonial or feedback
- When you comment/ share any of our blogs / articles mentioned on Denpedia
- When you opt in for surveys , any promotions or contest
- We may use information sourced from third parties with whom we have business association
What information do we collect?
- Email address
- Your contact numbers – Phone , Mobile ,Fax
- Date of birth
- Bank details
- Whether or not you are a UK taxpayer
- Demographic information such as age, gender
- Non-personal data on website usage via cookies such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and how often, and files downloaded, cell ids and other user location information example GPS
- Your searches – location , business and other criteria’s searched
- Security details – Password, Answer to the security questions
- And any information, which you provide us when you write to us or contact in
Why we require your email address
We use your email address for admin purpose Example
- When you forget your password we email you on your given email address
- For added security
- To communicate and connect with you:
- When you place order with us
- When you avail / buy any products and service via us
- To seek your confirmation on any changes you make , any details you submit , any offer or service you avail
- We may also use to bring you news/offer/special discounts or any direct marketing we think you might be interested in.
- Direct marketing preferences are manageable. To know more, refer to our managing direct marketing section.
What do we do with this information, and for how long?
We use the information you give us for many purposes, including:
- Keeping you up to date on our latest news
- Providing you with free resources
- Classifying our subscribers by location, e.g Scotland, so that you are contacted about the information that best suit you
We will either communicate to you based on consent – where you have given us permission to contact you – or legitimate interest, where there has been demonstratable interest in our work. You can update your preferences communications at any time.
We will never sell or trade your personal information to third parties. We might use third parties to help us in our communications and we will share your information with them. We will ensure that they have the relevant policies in place and follow data protection regulations and best practice whilst processing your personal data. While we may review information about individuals online through a basic Google search, for example, we do not use third parties to carry out prospect research.
We will only keep your data for as long as we require it and in accordance with data law and best practice. When your information is no longer required, we dispose of it in a secure manner or delete it from our servers.
With whom we may share your personal information
We may share your information with other companies in order to cater you with the goods and services you have ask for. We may share information with:
Other companies of our group
- Companies into data processing, email houses and several third parties working on our behalf.
- Universities, schools, and students into research and development
- Agencies that set trading standards and Government Organizations
Usage of information we gather from you
1) When you are using our website
When you share information about you with us while using our website, we use this information for the purposes mentioned in our
- on data entry forms
- any applicable terms and conditions
- pages and emails linked to data entry forms
2) When you use in keyword search tool
- A denpedia keyword search tool permits you to search the keywords that are used to locate businesses listed on our website.
- We gather information from all those who use our keyword search tool.
- While you use this tool, we record your email address. Email Address stored is used to monitor and identify your activities, which forbidden under our conditions of use for online service.
3) When you browse on denpedia.com
- When you use our website, your computer saves up to last five searches through cookies.
- We store the area you hunt in Example – Postal Code, Location, and Geographic Area, which, allows you to make your searches next time without re-entering your location each time.
Other activity information of yours is gathering such as:
- Your Ip address
- Type of browser used by you
- How long are you on our website and how many times you access it
- The referring url – the website you approach from our website
The information is gathered from ample of visitors visiting our website and analyzed which helps us in knowing what kind of people use our website. It helps in to improvise services we offer. Information does not allow you to be identified.
4) Customizing targeted adverts and our online services
The information given by you, about yourself at time of registration or any of our online services / information gathered by us through cookies while you browse your interests; may be used to ensure you are provided with ads, which interest you and keep you informed about latest offers / discounts so you can avail them timely.
5) Track usage of our online services
We gather activity information on our online services or use other companies to gather and share information with us so that:
- We are able to keep a track of what pages, online services, and paths visited, used by users.
- Analytics Statistics
- We can do target advertising on offers / discounts / banners about our services or other online service companies.
- Tracking use of linked online banner advertisements and various other links available via our marketing partner’s website to our website.
6) Mobile website services
Kindly note we would add a unique identifier to your phone number so that our website can work on your mobile as well easy to monitor. We would save in basic mobile device information – your mobile number, handset model number, and network operator. Details pertaining to your searches, time and date, route will be stored with us in order to analyze how users use www.denpedia.com and to improvise user experience. We will save your mobile ids / GPS measurements to assist you with the services you have requested as well any other information, which we feel, would interest you.
7) Reach on Net
For advertising our customer’s services / products, we use website of other companies. On clicking any of these adverts, you will be visiting our customer’s website and your IP address will be recorded with us for purpose of monitoring advertisements effectiveness.
8) Direct Marketing
We provide you an opportunity to receive important news / offer from us about all our goods and services with direct marketing. Examples: Any update / change in using our online services or any introductory offer for new services or Special Plans and discounts on existing products and services which you may be interested in.
We would ask in if you would like to obtain our direct marketing when you:
- Sign up for our services
- Register for any promotions / opt in any conquest
We may contact you via text message, post, and email; as well send direct mailers through email only if we have your email address.
If you intend to stop getting the direct marketing mailers, we provide you simple ways where you can request us to stop them by unsubscribing. As well if you have sign up for an account with denpedia.com then you can manage your preferences by logging into your account.
9) Commenting on our online Blogs/News/ Articles
All those who are willing to submit comment on blog/News/Articles showcased on our website we may or may not use them for our offline / online marketing. In case we use, then your name would be displayed besides your comment and email address will only be used for contacting you. Email address will not be published.
10) Feedback and Testimonials
Feedback and Testimonials from users / businesses helps us to improvise our services and products. In addition, we would use these for promoting our services and business both online / offline. We would seek your permission prior publishing it.
11) Survey for users
Being linked to other websites
Our services only includes hyperlink to the websites, which are owned by other companies. These websites work on their own and have their policies, procedures, security. We only provide them a platform to list their goods & services and we are not at all responsible for any products, services rendered by them or any cookies, / privacy policies practiced by these organizations. When you use the websites, it is at your own RISK.
Credit card and payment information and security
We never want to send you emails or letters that you don’t want to receive. You can edit your contact preferences at any time.
Right to access your information
You have the right to access your own personal information and supplementary data, and to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the way that data is processed. You can read more about your rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/
What are cookies?
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we use, which consist of three categories:
Cookies to improve your experience – we use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience. We use websites like Youtube and Vimeo to embed videos, and they may also send you cookies. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so check those websites for more information.
Google Analytics cookies collect information about how visitors use a website and help us to continually improve our website. For instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you don’t want Google to include you in this information, you can install the Google Analytics Opt Out Tool.
We may display internet-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalise our ads based on your interaction with us to ensure we are spending our advertising budgets as efficiently as possible. We do not share any of your personal information with Facebook. This tool lets denpedia.com convert your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match the unique numbers Facebook generates from email addresses of its users.
Opt or reject receiving cookies
Third-party cookies are not always under our control and can be saved to your machine via our website; as well setting your cookie preference will not stop these cookies to be saved on your machine. These must be dealt directly with third party. The cookies are used so that the third party can assist us with their service e.g. Analytics.